2022! Don't you just love a fresh start? An opportunity to get it right this time or to continue on a great track that you started and just didn't get enough oomph to go up that hill? Well here it is!
One of my resolutions like many others is to make better eating choices. Being a chef doesn't always make that easy! I love delicious flavors and incorporating that into healthier "diet" recipes isn't always easy or appealing unless you've got a few good go to's especially when it comes to dessert. There are so many options out there to help you find healthy recipes to keep you on track. I love finding inspiration in books, online, and even just chatting over coffee with friends. I wish you well on your journey this year!
Here is an easy chocolate mug cake recipe that follows a keto friendly plan that I find delicious and satisfying when I can't have a slice of my yummy cake! Yup thats right, the flavors of chocolate cake in a cup while getting some protein, good fats, and flavor! Making cake in a cup is as easy as it sounds, see below!
Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe-
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp granular low carb sweetener (I use Monk fruit sweetener)
- 3 tbsp almond flour - OR- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar free chocolate chips (optional)
- Mixing - In a small microwave safe mug, melt the butter in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sweetener, egg and vanilla extract. Mix with a fork until well combined. Microwave on high for 60 seconds. Add chocolate chips or even a dollop of peanut butter to the top if desired.
If you are interested in one of our creative and delicious pastries here is a direct link that you can click and order some of our favorites that include chocolate flavor!